[Air-L] self-improvement apps, coaching, imaginaries of self-improvement

AgnieszkA KrzeminskA Agnieszka at GoldeneZeiten.org
Wed Apr 22 02:35:05 PDT 2015

Hello AoIR list!

I am looking for resources self-improvement apps, i.e. on self-tracking / self-monitoring mobile applications with the focus on improvement of skills (brain, mood, fitness etc.).
I know the interesting publications by Deborah Lupton and Jill Walker Rettberg, but am now looking into the relationship of these apps to counseling formats like coaching. I am specially interested in how users imagine themselves within the usage of these apps.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Agnieszka

Agnieszka Krzeminska  [agn'jeʃka kʃem'inska]
PhD Candidate
University of Hamburg - Institute of Cultural Anthropology
https://www.fbkultur.uni-hamburg.de/vk.html <https://www.fbkultur.uni-hamburg.de/vk.html>
Twitter: @monade - https://twitter.com/monade <https://twitter.com/monade>