[Air-L] literature on Informational (Internet) Power

San Nuvola notsaved at live.com
Tue Aug 4 00:18:35 PDT 2015

Dear Chengting,

If you are using a notion like information power then I suppose that you read Manuel Castells, in which case you should find Jack Qiu's chapter in The Network Society: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (edited by Castells and Elgar, 2004) which is a good introduction to the development of the Internet in China from that perspective

I'm sure you are already familiar with the work of prof. Hu Yong, but some of his books might be of your interest (网络政治, 众声喧哗:网络时代的个人表达与公共讨论)

Some of the chapters in these two edited volumes also present case studies of how ordinary people use the Internet for their own goals:
- Online Society in China: Creating, Celebrating, and Instrumentalising the Online Carnival (Herold & Marolt 2011)
- China Online Locating Society in Online Spaces (Marolt & Herold 2015)

cheers,
Gabriele