[Air-L] Conference: Communication for Social Change: Intersections of Theory and Praxis(6-8 January, 2015) at National University of Singapore

Asha Rathina Pandi asha5115 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:00:32 PST 2015

 Please share!

Dear all,

We would like to cordially invite you to attend the Center for
Culture-Centered Approach to Research and Evaluation (CARE)’s conference
titled *“Communication for Social Change: Intersections of Theory and
Praxis”*, from *6-8 January 2016* at the National University of Singapore.
CARE is a research center under the Department of Communications and New
Media at NUS (http://www.care-cca.com/).

This conference brings together communication scholars, both experienced
and new, to share, dialogue, debate, and discourse on the future of social
change in the discipline. Rooted in the idea that theory is deeply
intertwined with praxis in the field, our conference is also envisioned as
a platform to build solidarity among people working within the
academic-activist spectrum. Featuring a mix of informative plenary sessions
and paper presentations by faculty and graduate students from all around
the world, the conference will be most beneficial for faculty and students
that are interested in social change, activism, health communication, and
postcolonial studies, from a communicative angle.

The opening keynote speaker for the conference is the distinguished
Professor Collins O. Airhihenbuwa. The conference will also include other
themed panel sessions chaired by esteemed scholars such as Professor Mohan
J. Dutta, Professor Ambar Basu, Professor Raka Shome, and Professor Barbara
Sharf. The conference poster attached includes a detailed programme outline
and information on how to register. The registration link for conference
is:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_X1Xz-RSv0F2sLHShklBwhEZx_hMSv2hb_ofA-6wirU/viewform?c=0&w=1
Please note that the registration fee for all participants is *SGD$75*, and
that all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be provided for the
duration for the conference. The registration fee is payable during our
official registration on 6 January 2016, at NUS.

Alternatively, if you are unable to attend our 3-day conference, we
encourage you to attend the opening keynote by Professor Collins O.
Airhihenbuwa on *7 January 2016, 8.30 – 9.30 am*, titled *“Leadership for
Social Justice in Global Health Communication: Why Culture Matters”*.
Please see the opening keynote poster attached in this email for more
information on the talk. Admission to the opening keynote is free. The
registration link for the opening keynote is:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XcgwxfUzJXQHhDx5KiCtQNvU1Belorecf6nY78GMCMQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Please sign up for both sessions by *24 December 2015 (Thursday)* to help
with our logistical preparations. If you have any further queries about the
conference, please feel free to email me and I will be happy to send over
further details.

Do check out our social media pages for more updates!

Conference Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/communicationforsocialchange/?fref=ts

CARE Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CARECNM/?fref=ts

Thank you and we hope to see you there!