[Air-L] Researcher (data science) position to study online labour markets @ Oxford Internet Institute

Vili Lehdonvirta vili at lehdonvirta.com
Mon Jul 27 14:52:38 PDT 2015

Hi all,

We're looking for a great candidate to take charge of scraping, analysing, and visualising data dealing with online labour markets in my ERC-funded iLabour project. It's a 3.5-year position, well suited to postdocs (computer science, economics, sociology, comms, etc), but also open to applicants with industry experience instead of a doctorate. The closing date is 27 August. Job ad here:

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/newpositions/#p49

p.s. the OII is also recruiting several qual oriented researchers this year for this and related projects. One position is currently open in the Geonet project, others will open later in the year. See http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/newpositions/

Thanks!
Vili

--
Dr Vili Lehdonvirta
Research Fellow & DPhil Programme Director

Book: Virtual Economies: Design and Analysis. MIT Press 2014.
Paper: Online labour markets – leveling the playing field for international service markets?
Blog: Why are citizens migrating to Uber and Airbnb, and what should governments do about it?