[Air-L] Research in Verifying User Generated Content - Platforms and Initiatives?

Zara Rahman zara at cihr.eu
Mon Jul 6 06:33:15 PDT 2015

Hi Rebekah,

I'm not involved in it, but Witness' recently launched Media Lab might
be of interest to you - http://lab.witness.org/.

Also, I'm guessing you've already come across Elliot Higgins' excellent
work on social media verification - https://www.bellingcat.com/ - and
the recently launched First Draft Coalition, 'thought leaders and
pioneers in social media journalism', of which Storyful and Bellingcat
are founding members. More info in this blog post.
<https://medium.com/1st-draft/introducing-the-first-draft-coalition-e557fdacd1a6>

I'm involved in a project with the engine room and CIVICUS, looking into
citizen generated data more broadly, called the DataShift - it's not
specifically around human rights violation, but rather around issues of
social justice and sustainable development among civil society. I'd be
happy to chat more about that, if it's relevant.

Hope that helps!

Zara

---
Zara Rahman | @zararah