[Air-L] AoIR meetup at IAMCR Montreal

Guillaume Latzko-Toth guillaume.latzko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:39:42 PDT 2015

This message is addressed to AoIR members who will attend the
International Association for Media and Communication Research Conference
which will be held in Montreal from July 12th to 16th.

On behalf of AoIR members based in Montreal as well as the LabCMO research
group (which includes a number of AoIR members), I would like to invite
AoIR members to an informal happy hour taking place
on Wednesday, July 15, 5 pm to 7 pm, at pub L'Ile Noire (1649 Saint-Denis
- www.ilenoire.com). This event will allow AoIR members who attend the
IAMCR Conference to discuss a possible AoIR activity within the 2016 World
Social Forum (which will also take place
in Montreal in August 2016: http://www.fsm2016.org/en/). It will also be
an opportunity for AoIR members to get to know each other better. And, for
those who intend to visit Montreal and its surroundings, you will be able
to ask questions to AoIR members who
live in the area!

If you plan to attend, please *join* the Facebook event we have set up:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1648679558683559/  (or send a note to:
myles.david at uqam.ca).

We are looking forward to meeting you on that occasion.

Guillaume Latzko-Toth
Associate Professor, Departement
of information and communication, Université Laval
Codirector, Laboratory on Computer-Mediated Communication (LabCMO -
www.labcmo.ca)