[Air-L] Announcing New Part-Time MSc at the OII

Eric Meyer eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 8 05:35:31 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I am very pleased to announce that from September 2015 the Oxford Internet Institute<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/>, University of Oxford, will be accepting applications for part-time study<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/graduatestudy/part-time-msc/> for the post-graduate MSc degree in the Social Science of the Internet starting in October 2016. This will enable students to take the degree on a part-time basis, but one that is fully integrated with the full-time MSc programme.

Introduced in 2009, the MSc programme in the Social Science of the Internet regularly attracts high numbers of excellent applicants who spend a year in Oxford taking a range of classes helping them understand life online and become active internet researchers. By also offering the option of part-time study we hope to broaden access to Oxford to those who are not able to attend on a full-time basis. The part-time option is aimed at working professionals in the internet industry, government policy experts, and any other types of students who would prefer to study on a part-time basis for personal or work reasons. Note that the part-time programme is open to applicants with the right to live in the UK legally; students needing a visa to study are encouraged to look at our full-time MSc degree<http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/graduatestudy/msc/>, which is able to support applications for student visas.

As the Director of Graduate Studies at the OII, I am delighted we are able to expand our post-graduate education offerings to what we hope will be a diverse pool of students living and working in the UK. I encourage potential applicants and employers who would like to support their employees earning a Master's degree to contact teaching at oii.ox.ac.uk<mailto:teaching at oii.ox.ac.uk> with your questions, or to get in touch with me directly. We will be holding Open Days at the OII on 18 September and 17 November, in addition to our virtual Open Day which is held online on 1 December. I encourage anyone interested to attend one of those Open Days and to talk to us about the programme prior to the application deadlines in November, January and March for an October 2016 start.

For further details, please visit: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/graduatestudy/part-time-msc/

Warm regards,

Professor Eric T. Meyer
Director of Graduate Studies
Senior Research Fellow and Associate Professor
Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
Email: eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk<mailto:eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/meyer/
Twitter: @etmeyer