[Air-L] CFP: Critical and Ethical Studies of Digital and Social Media (HICSS) papers due 15 June

QCENTRAL qcentral at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 12 15:25:45 PDT 2015

Hey all,

Please distribute this reminder to your networks (and send in a paper yourself!):
CFP and reviewers: Critical and Ethical Studies of Digital and Social Media—the Cultural and Political Impacts (http://bit.ly/1KJ9dXs)

Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) 49, January 5-8, 2016 Kauai, Hawaii, USA http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/
(A mini-track in the Digital and Social Media Track)

Conference Location: Grand Hyatt, Kauai, HI, USA

Conference Dates: January 5 to 8, 2016

Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2015 (firm); contact session organizers at any time for feedback on ideas or to serve as a reviewer

We seek submissions that address the cultural and political impacts of digital and social media (DSM) technologies. In particular, we are interested in exploring two entwined themes of inquiry: 1) critical studies that examine the social impact of DSM in our daily lives and 2) research that surfaces the ethical challenges that arise as we study social media to make sense of the rapidly changing power dynamics that accompany DSM’s global expansion. –

Full call for papers and more information, see http://bit.ly/1KJ9dXs

Session Organizers:

Robert M. Mason (Information School, University of Washington)
rmmason at uw.edu

Mary L. Gray (The Media School, Indiana University and Microsoft Research)
mLg at microsoft.com

Tarleton L. Gillespie (Microsoft Research; Communication Dept. & Information Science Dept., Cornell University)
tlg28 at cornell.edu