[Air-L] Facebook for tracking study participants

Dr. Neema Trivedi-Bateman nt284 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 24 01:07:28 PDT 2015

Good morning,

I hope somebody might be able to help me with an issue we are having using
Facebook for our research.

We are attempting to use a Facebook profile to send inbox messages to the
participants of our longitudinal study, many of which have become
uncontactable by all other methods (letters, calls, text messages, etc). We
have successfully tracked and arranged to interview many of our 700
participants via Facebook but now Facebook are asking us to verify our
identity to use our account. The account name is the study name followed by
a researcher name. We have submitted identification to Facebook under the
listed researcher's name but are still unable to login to our account.

We are writing to enquire whether any other researchers have experienced
this problem, or have used Facebook to contact participants successfully?

Many thanks for your time,

Neema

Dr. Neema Trivedi-Bateman

The Peterborough Adolescent and Young Adult Development Study (PADS+)

University of Cambridge

Sidgwick Avenue

Cambridge

CB3 9DA