[Air-L] social media analysis

Sukaina Ehdeed smtehdeed1 at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jun 10 15:42:47 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I am novice researcher in my first Ph.D year at the Uni of Sheffield, UK. I
am doing interdisciplinary research. It is about the influence of social
media on shaping Libyans' attitude towards 17 February revolution and
beyond. I will look at how social media has influenced people's views and
beliefs and how has social media been used to distribute information.
My main methodology is qualitative. However, I may use mixed methods later
as the research progress. My data collection methods would be via
interviews and analsying social media. However, as I am new in this field
of analysing social media, I am wondering if someone can suggest me some
tools or software programs to be used in collecting, downloading and
analysing Facebook data. Moreover, I need these tools that support Arabic
language as the most posts would be in Arabic.
Thanks

--
PhD Student, Information School, University of Sheffield, UK
Lecturer, Dept of Library and Information Science, University of Tripoli,