[Air-L] social media analysis

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:43:46 PDT 2015

An annoying loss, to be sure, but Facebook still allows API downloads of
posts + metadata to public pages and public comments left on them.
Unlike with Twitter, there are no time limits on how far back you can
go, so you can pull a page's entire history going back years. I've
developed a Python script to do this which is available here:

https://github.com/dfreelon/fb_scrape_public

I haven't tested this extensively but folks have been asking me about it
so I thought I'd throw it up. It's compatible with Facebook's recent API
migration.