[Air-L] Open Internet (speech) and Economics

Ren Reynolds ren at aldermangroup.com
Thu Jun 25 14:56:16 PDT 2015

I’m pondering the question: can one argue that free speech is an economic good - or at the very least correlates to an increase in some economic measures such as, but not limited to, aggregate measures such as GDP.

There may be richer arguments about relationships to access, opportunity wealth distribution etc, but of the moment I’m just pondering gross measures. Thought i would be interested in these arguments too e.g. I could see that increased ‘speech’ of the privileged may lead to more private for them with drags gross economic indicators up.

ren