[Air-L] Nominate Yourself for the AoIR Executive Committee!

Paula Todd paulatoddmedia at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:48:38 PDT 2015

(Apologies for second post)

Can you believe that autocorrect is that aggressive??
Sorry! Thanks for looking .... The new book on negative online behaviour is
a review of academic literature, accompanied by empirical research in the
field.

Best,
Paula

www.extrememean.com

Adrienne,

I think you just fulfilled your first campaign promise: To help grow the
AoIR community through more interaction:

 I’d like AoIR to continue its role as welcoming place for new internet
scholars. However, I’d like it to grow into a space that also as provides
mentorship, community, and networking possibilities for individuals at all
stages of their careers. Now that internet research is fully ensconced as a
legitimate field, it would be nice to continue broadening our concerns into
policy, ethics, and things like open source publishing, etc. I know that
AoIR folks have already done a fabulous job of starting this conversation -
I’d just like to see us continue them."

I second your nomination!

* * *

And I have a question: If you have extensive online research, legal,
policy, media and teaching experience (eg. digital media professor,
journalist, free speech advocate, Internet researcher), and a graduate
degree (JD, law) but aren't yet accepted into a PhD program (though working
toward that), do you have a chance of serving AOIR? Or is membership and
leadership restricted to PhD students and postdocs? I am relatively new,
too, having just met AOIR members in person in Korea.

Thanks,
Paula

PAULA TODD, B.A., LL.B. (JD)
Toronto, Ontario