[Air-L] IMPACT program (International Media, Political Action & Communication Technologies) - UPEC Summer School, 29 June-10 July

Stephanie Wojcik stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr
Fri May 8 02:28:47 PDT 2015

Dear all,

The IMPACT program (International Media, Political Action & Communication Technologies) will take place between June 29th and July 10th within the University of Paris Est Créteil (UPEC) Summer School.

IMPACT aims at giving to its students (Master 2 & PhD) a critical perspective on how the internationalization of communication, the sharp increase and speeding up of the production of information, and the unprecedent development of digital media, play a role in the way political action, citizens mobilizations and public debates are now be framed.

The following topics will be addressed by several researchers :
Social Networks and Public Debate in Post-Charlie France (Romain Badouard)
Media activism: thinking about production, distribution and circulation (Flor Enghel)
Public Communication & Governmentality (Caroline Ollivier-Yaniv)
Media Systems and Politics in Latin America (Erica Guevara)
Electoral campaigns in the 21th century: web, social media and political communication (Simon Gadras)
The Media Construction of International Issues (Benjamin Ferron)
Social Movement Media and the Construction of Public Debate (Benjamin Ferron)

During their stay at our University the student can take both courses
that enable to get some credits and courses of French language, along
with the possibility to visit the most beautiful and famous places of
interest in France.

Please note that the early bird for registration lasts till May 30th : http://summerschool.u-pec.fr/calendar-registration/application-procedure/

For more information, please visit our website:
http://summerschool.u-pec.fr/

We would be grateful if you could share this information with your students and colleagues.

We'll be happy to answer your questions: summerschool at u-pec.fr
or stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr
or benjamin.ferron at u-pec.fr

Looking forward to welcoming your students to our campus!

Best regards,

Stéphanie Wojcik and Benjamin Ferron