[Air-L] Meet the Candidates for the AoIR Executive Committee

Ben Light ben.light at qut.edu.au
Sun May 10 23:46:38 PDT 2015

Okay following up on this - this is a clear case of candidate fail!

I suffered at the hands of the power of default.  Our profiles in the AoIR
membership system are set to be locked down in privacy terms, and of
course this translates into the discussion facility.

If you want to comment or are a candidate, I recommend you visit privacy
settings and open them up.  Of course, I realise some people might want to
comment anonymously - if so you you might want to visit privacy to lock
things back down!

Candidates, we really do need to open up our profiles though otherwise no
one can work out who’s saying what unless we put our name at the
top/bottom of a post.  But also, the discussion digest won’t list your
name, just anonymous, if you don’t open it up so any workaround might not
be that helpful.

Cheers, B. such fail, many redness, much honesty WOW!