[Air-L] Constructed Week Sampling Online News

Jeanine Finn jefinn at utexas.edu
Wed May 20 11:40:43 PDT 2015

You’re right about the Neundorf - I know I saw constructed week sampling in some recent-ish content analysis methods book…but I can’t think where. Arg.

A couple other things that might help.

A recent dissertation from our University used it for online news on a specific topic - but using Facebook. Not sure if it’s quite white you’re looking for: “LIBERATION TECHNOLOGY?” Toward an Understanding of the Re-appropriation of Social Media for Emancipatory Uses among Alternative Media Projects in El Salvador by Summer Harlow. (I can get a copy of this to you if you’re interested).

Maybe also:
 Badenschier, F. and Wormer, H. 2012. Issue selection in science journalism: Towards a special theory of news values for science news? The Sciences’ Media Connection –Public Communication and its Repercussions. S. Rödder et al., eds. Springer Netherlands. 59–85.

Carpenter, S. 2007. U.S. elite and non-elite newspapers’ portrayal of the Iraq war: A comparison of frames and source use. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly. 84, 4 (Dec. 2007), 761–776.

(These also have a topic-focus).

Best,

Jeanine