[Air-L] Reminder: CFP Cultural/Critical studies of Social & Digital Media

Robert Mason rmmason at uw.edu
Fri May 22 11:01:53 PDT 2015

Colleagues-

The deadline for submissions to HICSS-49<http://www.hicss.org/#!calls/c1cd9> (Jan 5-8, 2016) is less than a month away, and we're hoping to see some of your interesting submissions to our mini-track on social and cultural aspects of digital media.  In particular, we are interested in exploring two entwined themes of inquiry: 1) critical studies that examine the social impact of DSM in our daily lives and 2) research that surfaces the ethical challenges that arise as we study social media to make sense of the rapidly changing power dynamics that accompany DSM's global expansion.

For full description of the focus and scope for the mini-track, see here:  http://bit.ly/1KJ9dXs

If you're unable to join us but are interested in being a reviewer, let us know and register at the HICSS submission site<https://precisionconference.com/~hicss/>.

Session Organizers:

Robert M. Mason (Information School, University of Washington)
rmmason at uw.edu<mailto:rmmason at uw.edu>
Mary Gray (The Media School, Indiana University and Microsoft Research)
mlg at microsoft.com<mailto:mlg at microsoft.com>
Tarleton L. Gillespie (Microsoft Research; Communication Dept. & Information Science Dept., Cornell University)
tlg28 at cornell.edu<mailto:tlg28 at cornell.edu>