[Air-L] qual data analysis and other thoughts

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed May 13 15:10:39 PDT 2015

1. Nud.ist became QSR NVivo many years ago. Much changed.

2. I am not a proponent of any but a general warning:
While all programs are subject to disappearing without notice, I would be
careful of any that are new-ish start-ups, in case they don't have
longevity. You'd then be stuck with a a non-upgradeable program, or even
worse, some thing that lived on the little cloud that died (apologies to
Johnny Mathis)

NVivo, Atlas-TI, MaxDA (sp?) have been around for years. I don't know
about the others.

I haven't used any in quite a while, so no comments on what to choose.

Happy Almost Victoria Day!

   Barry Wellman
   FRSC                 INSNA Founder               University of Toronto
   NETWORKED:The New Social Operating System.  Lee Rainie & Barry Wellman
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39        Print $14  Kindle $9