[Air-L] Some ideas for Ess disccusion on the fourth age of Internet Studies? what glues Internet Studies together?

Elodie Crespel elodie.crespel at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:21:52 PDT 2015

Thank you Charles for the heuristic definition of Internet studies. I would
like to add 3 points that I found important in the current discussion.

The point regarding the relationship between the online-offline contexts
can be further developed with the introduction of concepts such as
embodiment and the Internet of things.

Also, we need to add an international view on how the Internet is define
and use.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2948923/Do-think-Facebook-internet-Two-thirds-users-millions-don-t-know-web-log-accounts.html

Finally, is the Internet the same when used on a computer or cell phone?
How the introduction of mobile devices change the way we perceive the
Internet? This final point can bring back some technical issues in the
discussion, and it has a link to the first point regarding the
online-offline relationship.

Best

Elodie Crespel
about.me/ElodieCrespel