[Air-L] Online virtual conferences

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:48:29 PDT 2015

I wonder if more organizations are considering virtual conferences. I
attended and presented on suicide intervention work I do in the community at
a conference on suicide prevention that was an entirely virtual conference
this past fall.

Seems that an Internet Studies conference might be an online thing. From
doing school online as students to teaching online the conference online
seems the logical extension as well as saving lots of air from polluting
planes and helping lots of travel budgets.

May be AoIR could consider a second annual conference done online only.