[Air-L] Netnography and law research

Mariateresa Garrido Villareal mgarrido at doctorate.upeace.org
Tue May 26 22:01:50 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm a PHD student at University for Peace and I'm researching limitations to freedom of expression suffered by Citizen Journalists in Latin America. I want to know what is happening to the people using social media, and how they think they can be protected against illegal limitations to their freedom of expression. The main goal is to create a legal instrument that can address their concerns. I'm thinking in using netnography and I want to ask you if any of you have use it before and if you can share your experience with me. I'm really interested in knowing if someone have use it to collect data that will be used later for legal analysis.

Thanks for the help!

M.A. Mariateresa Garrido
Phd Student University for Peace
Dep. International Law