[Air-L] Constructed Week Sampling Online News

Jeanine Finn jefinn at utexas.edu
Wed May 20 11:23:54 PDT 2015

Hi there-

Constructed-week sampling is pretty well-established in news media research.

You might look at:

Riffe D, Aust CF and Lacy SR (1993) The effectiveness of random, consecutive day and constructed week sampling in newspaper content analysis. Journalism Quarterly (70)1: 133–139. (to explain the method, but it an analog context) and

Artwick, C.G. 2013. News sourcing and gender on Twitter. Journalism. (Nov. 2013) as another recent online example.

I though Neuendorf’s Content Analysis Guidebook covered this method, but I can’t seem to find it in the index. If you have a copy of that handy, you might also try and take a look there.

Best,
Jeanine