[Air-L] Nominate Yourself for the AoIR Executive Committee!

Paula Todd paulatoddmedia at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:37:11 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,

I believe you are commenting on Adrienne Massanari's thoughts about
enhancing the already stellar AoIR role in our research community. I
seconded her nomination for AoIR's executive committee. Professor Massanari
wrote:

​"​
​
’d like AoIR to continue its role as welcoming place for new internet
scholars. However, I’d like it to grow into a space that also as provides
mentorship, community, and networking possibilities for individuals at all
stages of their careers. Now that internet research is fully ensconced as a
legitimate field, it would be nice to continue broadening our concerns into
policy, ethics, and things like open source publishing, etc. I know that
AoIR folks have already done a fabulous job of starting this conversation -
I’d just like to see us continue them.
​"

(
amass at uic.educ) (
adriennemassanari.com <http://adriennemassanari.com/> and at
uic.academia.edu/AdrienneMassanari <
http://uic.academia.edu/AdrienneMassanari>.)​

[image: Adrienne Massanari's profile photo]
I was the member asking whether one needs to be mid-Doc and/or post-Doc to
assist on that same committee.

Best regards,

Paula

*PAULA TODD, B.A., LL.B.*