[Air-L] a fourth age of Internet Studies? what glues Internet Studies together?

Heinz, Lisa ls144009 at ohio.edu
Wed May 20 06:32:17 PDT 2015

Thank you, Professor Ess, for posting this great summary and question. I am not sure I can add to the discussion other than to say that this post proved very timely for me. I am currently preparing for my comprehensive exams to complete my masters and one major component to the exams is my focus on defining Internet Studies and my future role in that.  Two of the four texts mentioned have been central to that preparation (Consalvo and Ess, and Tsatsou) and now I will locate the other two.

This discussion list in general has been a direct way to build my reading list and I am very thankful for it. I will mention that I inadvertently stumbled into what Professor Ess defined as the "Fourth Age" of Internet Studies as I began my new career in it through gender and  critical approaches.  If there is anything else folks want to add to this discussion that focuses on this Fourth Age, I would appreciate the pointers.

~~Lisa

Lisa M. Heinz
Masters Student, Media Arts & Studies
Fall 2015: PhD Student in Mass Communication - Journalism
Ohio University
http://Twitter.com/livingrural
http://LinkedIn.com/in/lisaheinz​