[Air-L] Now Accepting Submissions For Different Games Conference 2016

Brian McKernan brian.mckernan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:48:38 PST 2015

Different Games invites participants for its 2016 edition at NYU's
Polytechnic School of Engineering, located in Brooklyn, NY, on Friday April
8 and Saturday April 9.

Over three years of presenting New York City’s first conference on
diversity and inclusivity in games culture, Different Games has drawn more
than 700 attendees to NYU’s Downtown Brooklyn campus, in addition to more
than 100 arcade games and 150 presenters and speakers! We are thrilled to
invite submissions for our fourth annual event which welcomes proposals
from all members of the games community — whether designers, students,
activists, researchers, journalists and others — to present as part of our
two-day program.

Submission Formats

Paper Presentations and Talks
We invite designers, academics and other creative minds to share recent
projects as speakers on our conference panels. Possible submission topics
may include, but are not limited to: post mortems, design methodology,
reflections on playtesting, analysis/commentary on games content (theme,
gender, sexuality, etc.), game reception, and game culture/communities.

Workshop or Breakout Groups
We invite topic-specific or exploratory discussions on challenges and
solutions for promoting diversity and inclusion in the broader game
community/communities and other pertinent subjects. Hands-on workshop
sessions geared towards learning design, development or other creative and
professional skills are also invited.

Arcade Games
We welcome submissions from designers interested in showcasing their game
in the Different Games arcade, including pieces that will be in (beta) or
playtesting phase as well as those further along in the development
process. Analog games, non screen-based digital games and other types of
media such as short films, installations or interactive art related to the
themes of the conference are welcome as well..

Submission Deadlines
Paper Presentations and Talks: Deadline 12/15/15
Workshop or Breakout Groups: Deadline 12/15/15
Arcade Games: Deadline 1/22/16

For more information or to submit to Different Games 2016, please visit our
conference website 2016.differentgames.org. If you’d like to view last
year’s conference sessions and arcade titles, visit 2015.differentgames.org.
For more information about Different Games Collective, please visit
differentgames.org. Send questions to DifferentGamesConference at gmail.com