[Air-L] [CSCW 2016] Final Calls for Submissions: 6 November 2015

Brian Keegan bkeegan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:29:53 PST 2015

Hello all!

The 19th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social
Computing (CSCW 2016) will be held from February 27 through March 2 in
downtown San Francisco. While the call for papers closed in May, there are
still multiple opportunities to submit research and participate in CSCW
2016!

*Posters*
http://cscw.acm.org/2016/submit/posters.php
cscw2016posters at acm.org

CSCW 2016 will include an interactive poster category for late-breaking and
preliminary results, smaller results not suitable for a full or short
paper, contributions by collaborative (inter-)national research projects,
innovative ideas not yet validated through user studies, early student
research, and other research best presented in an interactive forum.

*Panels*
http://cscw.acm.org/2016/submit/panels.php
cscw2016panels at acm.org

Great panels are an excellent way to generate debate, raise new and
interesting issues at CSCW, and hear multiple points of view on a given
topic. CSCW panels are a forum for discussing provocative, controversial,
innovative, emerging, boundary spanning and boundary-breaking issues. While
paper sessions provide detailed discussions of work recently completed,
panels provide an opportunity to hear from research leaders about what is
on the horizon — or what is already here but not yet recognized,
acknowledged or discussed.

*Doctoral Colloquium*
http://cscw.acm.org/2016/submit/dc.php
cscw2016doctoral at acm.org

The Doctoral Colloquium is a forum in which Ph.D. students meet and discuss
their work with each other and a panel of experienced CSCW researchers and
practitioners. The colloquium itself will begin with dinner Saturday night
February 27, 2016 and continue all day Sunday February 28, 2016.

*Demos*
http://cscw.acm.org/2016/submit/demos.php
cscw2016demos at acm.org

CSCW 2016 demonstrations present implementations of new CSCW systems and
concepts. The curated demonstrations allow conference participants to view
novel and noteworthy CSCW systems in action, discuss the systems with those
who created them, and try them out. Appropriate demonstrations include
applications, technologies, and research prototypes, and may showcase work
that has been or is being published at CSCW or elsewhere. Demonstrations
can also serve to showcase novel commercial products not previously
described in the research literature.

*Telepresence *(1 December 2015 deadline)
http://cscw.acm.org/2016/attend/telepresence.php
cscw2016telepresence at acm.org

This year at CSCW we will be allowing a small number of people to attend
remotely using telepresence technology. The goal is to provide people who
cannot attend CSCW in person with an alternative means for conference
attendance. For example, we are hoping to provide those with mobility
impairments, chronic health issues, or temporary travel limitations with
opportunities to attend the conference from remote locations. Currently
remote attendance is still at an exploratory stage, so we can only
accommodate a small number of remote attendees. We are planning to study
the experience as part of our research so remote attendees should expect to
participate in user studies.