[Air-L] Twitter data collection tools

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Wed Nov 11 15:51:19 PST 2015

G'day Gohar !

Thanks for this. As others have already pointed out, you won't be able to get all of those stats easily, and a number of them will be outdated almost as soon as you've gathered them.

For small batches of general user details (as well as for most anything else that can be gathered through the Twitter APIs), though, I would very much recommend Erik Michaels-Ober's Ruby gem 't', which essentially provides a command-line interface to the Twitter API. It's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and while - like most things Ruby - it's not the easiest to install, it's very handy for quickly getting the profile information for a batch of a few hundred user handles (or IDs), for instance. Output can be forced to CSV format using the -c or --csv switch.

Details are at https://github.com/sferik/t, and Erik (@sferik) tends to be pretty helpful if you run into any trouble, too.

--
Dr Axel Bruns                    a.bruns at qut.edu.au - @snurb_dot_info
ARC Future Fellow, 2014-17   http://www.amazon.com/author/axel.bruns/