[Air-L] research protocols in search engines

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Fri Oct 16 13:16:09 PDT 2015

I am afraid that I don't have a good answer to this question. I am,
however, intrigued by the phrase "algorithmic distortion" in search as
it suggests the existence of an un-distorted search. Just as a lense
is made to distort light, a search engine is made to distort the
corpus it is searching. I wonder (paging Innis) if there is a case for
the existence of unalgorithmed data. It seems unlikely...