[Air-L] IR16 Dinner Dress

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Sat Oct 17 17:02:52 PDT 2015

You should wear clothes.

Kilts are required, if you own one.

Otherwise, we'll be outside and inside for the evening. I would
recommend something that feels cool and looks cool. And while there
will be tables and chairs, it's a stand-and-nibble affair, so wear
shoes capable of being stood upon.

The same rules apply for the conference itself. I've noted in an email
to presenters that Phoenix tends to be quite casual: I teach in
sandals, and even our fussiest restaurants tend to have a dress code
that requires little more than being somewhat covered. That said,like
many hot places, some spots overcompensate on the air conditioning. I
haven't found that to be true at the conference hotel, but I have not
been there in the evenings.

Best,

Alex

Best,