[Air-L] ELD16 Announces Call for Proposals - 11/9/15 deadline

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:56:52 PDT 2015

The 6th Annual Emerging Learning Design Conference (ELD15) is accepting
proposals for its 2016 conference, to be held June 2nd & 3rd, 2016, on the
campus of Montclair State University.

*PROPOSAL DEADLINE – NOVEMBER 9th, 2015.  See below for details.*
*All proposals received by the above deadline, whether eventually accepted
or not,will be included in a drawing for a complimentary ELD16 full
registration.*

   - For the Call for Proposals Submission Form – click HERE
   <https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ddmxihPwjHqzyIZ>
   - For the ELD16 Session Types – click HERE
   <http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/session-types/>
   - For the Call for Proposals FAQ – click HERE
   <http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/eld-call-for-proposals-faq/>

The theme for this year’s conference is *Adopt & Adapt: Connecting Learning
to Life*

*ROLLING SUBMISSION / EARLY ACCEPTANCE MODEL*

ELD uses a “rolling submission” model for proposals: every proposal will be
reviewed and given feedback within 2 weeks of submission. Your submission
will either be accepted or you’ll be provided feedback from our reviewers
and offered an opportunity to revise and resubmit. We’ll continue this
process of accepting or giving constructive feedback to proposals until all
presentation slots are filled.

Submissions will still be accepted after November 9th, but they will be
considered in the second round of proposals.  We will work with those who
submitted by the deadline and then look toward later submissions to
complete the program, should presentation slots still be available.

Why this model? Two main reasons: we seen that having revise-and-resubmit
cycles make our conference’s presentations the best they can be for our
attendees, and accepting excellent proposals as they arrive is a great way
to let our prospective audience know what to look forward to even before
the whole program is finalized. In addition, this model is easier on our
reviewers as we don’t get a rush of proposals on deadline day.

How do you submit a proposal? Go here
<http://eld.montclair.edu/eld-call-for-proposals/eld-call-for-proposals-faq/>
read some brief instructions on what we need in your submission, and then
go HERE <https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ddmxihPwjHqzyIZ> and
supply that information. We’ll be in touch to confirm your submission was
complete, and then let you know within a couple weeks the response from our
reviewers.

--

-----

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging & Instructional Technology
     College of Humanities and Social Sciences - Montclair State University
Doctoral Candidate
     Educational Communication and Technology - New York University
Emerging Learning Design 2016
http://eld.montclair.edu
Twitter: @ELDConf <http://twitter.com/ELDConf>