[Air-L] "no definitive research yet"

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Oct 6 09:55:17 PDT 2015

>From Civicist <http://civichall.org/civicist/> today:

*Brave new world*: An in-depth report
<http://civichall.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=784ac4a90c07e1e7ebbf294d4&id=22b2dba3ee&e=cc05e29870>
by
Mother Jones' *Mark Follman* on data-driven efforts by "threat assessment
professionals" to intervene before mass killers take action includes this
troubling news: "When I asked threat assessment experts what might explain
the recent rise in gun rampages, I heard the same two words over and over:
social media. Although there is no definitive research yet, widespread
anecdotal evidence suggests that the speed at which social media bombards
us with memes and images exacerbates the copycat effect."