[Air-L] 67games: calling all games scholars

Anja Venter anjaventer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 10:53:50 PDT 2015

Hi AoIR people,

Sitting at IR16 as we speak, saddened that this wonderful conference will
soon come to a close :(

I have spoken to a number of scholars about a project myself and a
colleague are launching
next year, and was told it would be good to cast it out to the wider
networks:

Against a backdrop of very unequal educational system in South Africa, we
have undertaken a (wildly amibitious) project called 67games. Based on the
67-minutes initiative for Mandela Day, we have vowed to host collaborative
international game jams to produce 67 educational games which will be
displayed on arcade machines produced from recyclables and e-waste in
under-resourced communities. We are looking for anyone who is keen to help
in any capacity. Please see 67games.org for more information.

Recent student protests have once again underlined the urgency for
alternative spaces for participation.

Please spread this to anyone you might think would be interested - we need
all the help we can get!

Thanks!

And thank you for an incredible conference - hopefully see you all again
soon,

Anja

*www.nannaventer.co.za <http://www.nannaventer.co.za> |
www.hackingdesign.org <http://www.anjaresearchblog.wordpress.com>+27 84 929