[Air-L] MA in Social Technologies

Paula Todd paulatoddmedia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:15:54 PDT 2015

Hi AoIR-ers,

Will be very sorry to miss Phoenix this month (Korea was amazing last year)
but the US dollar
is a Canadian nightmare. What a difference a year (and oil) makes. Enjoy!

Query: I'm researching the effects of negative online role-modelling
 (including sexist/racists memes, videos and social media) on incidents of
*offline* harassment. I am looking at adults, particularly women, rather
than youth digital-schoolyard bullying. I'm inching through Critical
Discourse Analysis as a theoretical framework, but wonder whether anyone
imagines a more helpful framework(s). eg. feminist theory. Is there good
work/research that should be consulted?

New to PhD studies, so any help would be gratefully accepted, and shared
with permission only.

Best,
Paula

*PAULA TODD, *B.A., LL.B.