[Air-L] Spring 2016 NYC area adjunct opportunity

Andrew Russell arussell at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 27 07:56:59 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues -

I’m writing because we’re looking for an adjunct for spring 2016 to teach 2 sections of a course called “Computers & Society.”  The course topics and readings can be quite flexible, but usually consist of some computer history, ICT policy debates, computer and media culture, and ethical and societal aspects of the computing professions.

If you or someone you know in the NYC area might be willing to teach this class in Spring 2016, or would like more details, please let me know (arussell at stevens.edu<mailto:arussell at stevens.edu>). Both sections are already scheduled.  One section runs on Wednesdays from 9-11:30 am, and the other on Thursdays from 3:30-6 pm.  Both are capped at 24 students.

For those unfamiliar with Stevens Institute of Technology, we’re located in Hoboken, NJ, directly across the Hudson from Chelsea in Manhattan, easily accessible by bus, train, and ferry - see http://www.stevens.edu/ for details.

Thanks very much,

Andy

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.
Director, Program in Science & Technology Studies
Associate Professor, History
College of Arts & Letters
Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030