[Air-L] FW: [JoCI] New Special Issue: Research Methods in Community Informatics

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:49:12 PDT 2015

Colleagues,

I'll call your attention to this new special issue of JoCI co-edited by Andy Bytheway, Colin Rhinesmith and Mark Wolfe.

http://www.ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/50

This is an excellent issue and one I've been looking to have developed for some time.  I'll also call your attention to the "Editorial" from the co-editors which provides a very good introduction to the subject and to the special issue.

http://www.ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/article/view/1268/1168

Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.
Editor in Chief: Journal of Community Informatics
web: http://ci-journal.net

The Journal of Community Informatics

Vol 11, No 3 (2015): Special Issue: Research Methods in Community Informatics Table of Contents
http://www.ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/50

Editorial
--------
Introduction: Research Methods for Community Informatics
	Colin Rhinesmith

A Canadian Election Programme for Digital Citizenship and Social Equity
	Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.

Articles
--------
>From Exploration to Design: Aligning Intentionality in Community Informatics Projects
	Ammar Halabi,	Amalia Sabiescu,	Salomão David,	Sara Vannini,	David Nemer

Meta-Synthesizing Qualitative Research in Information Systems
	Hossana Twinomurinzi,	Roy Johnson

Focus Groups as a Tool to Collect Data in a Community Informatics Project Involving Elderly Rural Women
	Ronel Smith

Reflective evaluation of civil society development: A case study of RLabs Cape Town, South Africa
	Gary Brian Wills

Contributions from Visitor Research to CI and ICT4D Theory and Research Methodology
	Patricia M Alexander

Teaching Open Data for Social Movements: a Research Strategy
	Alan Freihof Tygel,	Maria Luiza Machado Campos,	Celso Alexandre Souza de
Alvear

Curriculum development for mobile digital literacy skills acquisition using a Design Science Approach
	Judy van Biljon,	Ronell van der Merwe,	Dalize Van Heerden,	John Traxler

Design for Sustainability:  Countering the Drivers of Unsustainability in Development Projects
	Isabel Meyer,	Mario Alphonso Marais

Notes from the field
--------
First Mile Methodologies in Community Informatics Research:  Learning from First Nations
	Rob McMahon,	Arline Chasle,	Tim Whiteduck

A Framework to Research the Social Determinants of ICTs for E-Health
	Lareen Ann Newman

What are Community Wireless Networks For?
	Greta Byrum

________________________________________________________________________ The Journal of Community Informatics http://www.ci-journal.net