[Air-L] List of banned Instagram hashtag searches?

Sharif Mowlabocus S.J.Mowlabocus at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 02:59:27 PDT 2015

Tama

Gemma Cobb, one of my Phd students here at Sussex, is currently writing up
her work on pro-ana and social media.

She has had a very interesting experience when it comes to banned hashtags
on social media. It would certainly be worth checking in with her about
this because she found some fascinating practices that were being engaged
in by pro-ana folk, in response to hashtag censorship.

You can find Gemma’s details online, or email off-list if you want me to
put you in contact with her.

Sharif

Dr Sharif Mowlabocus
Senior Lecturer – Media & Digital Media
Director of Student Recruitment & Admissions
School of Media, Film & Music
University of Sussex, UK
E: s.j.mowlabocus at sussex.ac.uk
T: 01273 (87)6587