[Air-L] List of banned Instagram hashtag searches?

Tarleton L. Gillespie tlg28 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 2 07:20:22 PDT 2015

Tamar,

Here are some of the articles I’ve collected on this topic in my searches:

- Inside Instagram’s Long Guerrilla War on Porn — and the Users Who Keep Coming Back — The Slice — Medium
- It's cool, Instagram. I'm not 'curvy' anyway—I'm just fat
- The Body-Positive Word Instagram Won’t Let You Search For
- You Can't Search The Word "Curvy" On Instagram
- The skinny on Instagram banning #curvy - CNN.com
- Trending at Instagram
- Instagram Gets Newsy With Trends And Place Search For Exploring Anything, Anywhere
- You Can Now Officially Post Your #Brelfies On Instagram
- Millions of Fake Instagram Users Disappear in Purge - NYTimes.com
- Instagram Relaxes List of Censored Hashtags. Hello #SexualWednesdays | The Data Pack
- Is Instagram Censoring Your #Hashtag? - Spook Magazine
- What you need to know about Facebook and Instagram's war on motherhood
- Revenge Porn and the Purge trend on Instagram and Twitter - Cyberbullying Research Center
- Sadness and outrage and gratitude all in one « Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children's products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More
- Instagram still censors your filthy hashtags ... except when it doesn't - NBC News.com
- A List of Blocked and Unsearchable Instagram Hashtags - The Data Pack
- Instaporn: Porn, 'KikSex' Lurk Just Inside Instagram's Photo Eden
- Instagram Has an Anorexia Problem, Too - Technology - The Atlantic Wire
- The Problem With Banning "Thinspo" Content On Instagram

Also worth looking at this two articles, which are about what words Apple’s iPhone refuses to autocorrect.

- The Apple ‘Kill List’: What Your iPhone Doesn’t Want You to Type - The Daily Beast
- Today we published a data story looking at how iOS... - NewsBeast Labs

Tarleton