[Air-L] #gamergate trolling attack going on now against a feminist tech movement

Gabriela Richard gtr200 at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 9 09:47:08 PDT 2015

I agree it is important to make this distinction.

Also, I wanted to note that these attacks seem to mobilize
specifically on Twitter where they target folks for further inquiry
later on. My peers and I have been attacked and then subsequently our
research was "under review" on multiple levels. However, they seem to
start with Twitter presence first.

Best, Gabriela

Sent from my iPhone