[Air-L] Research on the Democratic Divide Online? Do we need it to prompt better solutions?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Mon Oct 12 06:51:49 PDT 2015

Hey all, while this is pretty raw, I am looking for feedback on
whether we need more/better research to frame what needs to be done to
bridge what I call the "democratic data divide online."

See:
http://po.st/communitydatasurgeLists

This is my submission to the current Knight News Challenge.

These submissions are highly unlikely to make it through their
process, but I find them very very useful to float trial balloons.

If you like the idea, please add a _comment_ on the News Challenge
site to increase the chance that it will be noticed.

If you want collaborate on ideas like this or if you know folks in the
funding world who might like to see this, drop me a note:
clift at e-democracy.org clift (at) e-democracy.org

Thanks,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org