[Air-L] Two tenure track positions in Writing, Rhetoric & American Cultures

Liza Potts lpotts at msu.edu
Wed Oct 21 17:10:36 PDT 2015

Hi AoIR!

Awesome news: We have two open positions at MSU! And I think you will find them very interesting. And I will be at IR this week, so feel free to ask me about these opportunities. I’m happy to chat! - Liza

A note from Bill Hart-Davidson, our search committee chair:

I'm pleased to announce two position openings at MSU in the department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures. One is open rank, the other at the Assistant level. Both will contribute to the full range of undergraduate and graduate programs in the department and will be invited to work with WIDE, Matrix, and our fabulous DH community here at MSU.

Please consider applying! We would be grateful, too, if you would send this notice around to all who may be qualified and interested. And of course, please consider applying! We have a great group of faculty and students at MSU and it's a great place to work.

I'm chairing the search committee, so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

To apply, go to jobs.msu.edu and enter the position code listed below. Thanks!

-Bill H-D

Digital Media and User Experience - Assistant Professor
Position Code: 2243
The Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures at Michigan State University seeks a colleague in Digital Media and User Experience. We are interested in early-career scholars whose work includes focuses on digital media and interaction, a strong record of teaching, and excellent potential to do outstanding research. This is an academic year, tenure system faculty position (Assistant Professor) appointment to begin Fall 2016. Salary competitive and commensurate with background and experience.
The successful candidate will join colleagues in the department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures (WRAC). Within the department, the new colleague will contribute to its various programs, including the undergraduate major in Experience Architecture (jointly administered with Art, Art History, & Design), the undergraduate major in Professional Writing, the First-Year Writing Program, and the graduate program in Rhetoric and Writing. Opportunities to work across the College of Arts & Letters and the University in related areas such as Digital Humanities will also be available.
Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or other terminal degree in rhetoric, writing, or a related field when the appointment begins.

Social Media, Emerging Technologies, Computational Analytics - Open Rank
Position code: 2245
The Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures at Michigan State University seeks a colleague in Social Media, Emerging Technologies, Computational Analytics (Rank Open). We are interested in a scholar who bridges the gap between critical and creative studies, and who is doing leading edge work as a researcher and teacher. This is an academic year, tenure system faculty appointment to begin fall 2016. Salary competitive and commensurate with background and experience.
The position builds on existing areas of strength at MSU and in the College of Arts & Letters in Computational Digital Humanities. (For more about the College of Arts and Letters multi-disciplinary initiatives go to: www.cal.msu.edu (http://www.cal.msu.edu).) The ideal candidate will bring enthusiastic willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues in the department and college. Within Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures (WRAC), the new colleague will contribute to its various programs, including the undergraduate major in Experience Architecture (jointly administered with Art, Art History, & Design), the undergraduate major in Professional Writing, the First-Year Writing Program, and the graduate program in Rhetoric and Writing.

Known internationally as a major U.S. public university with global reach, Michigan State University has been advancing knowledge and transforming lives through innovative teaching, research, and outreach for nearly 150 years. MSU is a member of the Association of American Universities, the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, and the Big Ten athletic conference.

The Department, a dynamic inclusive community, encourages intellectual and cultural diversity, prepares students for a range of careers that require global cultural knowledge, and is an integral part of the College of Arts & Letters and Michigan State University's international engagement.

Liza Potts, Ph.D.
Director of WIDE // College of Arts & Letters
Director of Experience Architecture // College of Arts & Letters
Associate Professor // Department of Writing, Rhetoric, & American Cultures
Campus Office: 291 Bessey Hall
Digital Office: Gtalk LKPotts / Skype LKPotts