[Air-L] ANZCA 2016 CFP

Marj Kibby marj.kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Sat Oct 31 14:51:47 PDT 2015

ANZCA 2016: CREATING SPACE IN THE FIFTH ESTATE

University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus, Newcastle, Australia

6-8 July 2016

Papers, presentations and panel proposals should be submitted by 4 March 2016

at http://anzca2016.com/call-for-papers/

A pre-conference symposium on Social Media Research is currently in the planning stage.

ANZCA 2016: CREATING SPACE IN THE FIFTH ESTATE

CALL FOR PAPERS

While the notion of the fifth estate initially referred to bloggers, journalists and other non-mainstream media outlets it may be that the place we thought outliers occupied is now itself constituting a mainstream space. We want to include all the online networks that create and share information, constitute new communities, and aid in organising social movements that take the place of those that existed in an industrialised world as well as the traditional forms that are finding their niche in the new world.

STREAMS:

Citizenship

Communication Theory

Community Media

Creativity-Creative Industries

Cross Cultural, Interpersonal And Intercultural

Cultural Politics

Cultural Studies

Digital Media

Disability