[Air-L] Food Souvenirs? re: IR16 Food

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Mon Oct 19 22:40:12 PDT 2015

Hmm. I don't know that there is specific Phoenix/Arizona omiyage-type
foods. You'll find cactus candy (made from prickly pear) in some
places. Goldwaters (yes, that Goldwater--http://www.goldwaters.com/)
makes jarred salsa and prickly pear jelly--sensing a theme? Beyond
that, there's beer (Four Peaks or SanTan), and Fairytale Brownies
(http://www.brownies.com/) are made locally, but shipped as gifts
nationally. You could try bringing back tacos, but that would be
tricky.

Outside of edible souvenirs, you might try the Heard Museum's gift
shop (http://www.heardmuseumshop.com/). Some of their items are a bit
on the spendy side. Alternatively, in Old Town Scottsdale, there is
Kactus Jock (http://www.kactusjock.com/) which is heavy on the
souvenir items.

(Note, once you are over to Scottsdale, there is a free trolley that
can make it a bit easier to get around Scottsdale:
http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/trolley )

Best,

Alex