[Air-L] Social history of the internet course - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/InfoTechNetworkSocGlobalUniv.html - begins tomorrow Sep 19 at 11 am PT

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:30:38 PDT 2015

Hi AoIR, Polina, Joan, Jessika, Barry and friends,

I'm going to postpone teaching this "social history of the internet course"
course this autumn due to class size -
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/InfoTechNetworkSocGlobalUniv.html . But
it looks like I'll be assisting / co-teaching this other open "Tourism, Art
and Modernity" course using these same "classroom" technologies, namely
Harvard's virtual island in SL and Google group video Hangouts, here
https://www.academia.edu/s/19ac1100ab beginning later this autumn, if
anyone is interested (see, too:
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2015/09/crab-tourism-studies-and-virtual.html
).

I'll also be developing the "Information Technology, the Network Society,
and the Global University ~ Course & Syllabus" web page in terms of the
global university component with time, including adding online "global
university" talks and readings and Hangout opportunities.

In preparing to donate CC World University and School to CC Wikidata, WUaS
is hopefully moving from Wikia to Wikidata e.g. here Internet Studies -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Internet_Studies - soonish.

Best,
Scott
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch