[Air-L] Climate Scepticism in the blogosphere

T.Ashe t.ashe at open.ac.uk
Fri Sep 4 05:38:18 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a literature review I am doing on climate change discourse in the blogosphere in the US, Russia and Germany. I am fairly familiar with the US literature on climate change journalism and a little on new media, but I am only just starting to look at Germany and Russia.

I am told there is really very little on the topic of Russian new media generally, let alone on the subject of climate change, so if anyone has any ideas or advice I'd be really grateful for the insights. (I don't personally speak Russian, but I am working with a colleague who is a native speaker).

With regards to Germany, I have found the odd paper, but I don't have access to very much non-english language literature on this topic. Any recommendations for English language papers on German new media and climate change or any citations for German literature that would be worth pestering some German colleagues for would be gratefully recieved.

Our aim is to take quite a discourse analytical approach and explore the differences between imaginings of climate change in these three countries, particularly with regard to the Cold War and to climate scepticism. If anyone has any thoughts, we'd be interested to hear them.

Teresa