[Air-L] Index it yourself

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 4 15:07:10 PDT 2015

I have found that my best indexer is me.

I hired a pro for our first book, Social Structures, and she did such a
bad job, that I did it over again myself.

I have done my/our 3 subsequent books myself.
Including Networked (check it yourself)

I found it takes a day.

A big screen helps (I have 27").

I go thru the book and identify indexicable items.

And keep many pages up on the same big screen. (I think I achieved 6 or 8
with Networked.

And because I know the book and the concepts, it works.

   Barry Wellman
   FRSC                 INSNA Founder               University of Toronto
   NETWORKED:The New Social Operating System.  Lee Rainie & Barry Wellman
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39        Print $14  Kindle $9