[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 134, Issue 7

Charles Steinfield steinfie at msu.edu
Mon Sep 7 20:30:00 PDT 2015

Here are a few good starter articles on enterprise social media:

Treem, J. W., & Leonardi, P. M. (2012). Social media use in organizations: Exploring the affordances of visibility, editability, persistence, and association. Communication yearbook, 36, 143-189.

Leonardi, P., Huysman, M., and Steinfield, C. (2013). EnterpriseJournal of Computer Mediated Communication, 19(1), 1-19.

Ellison, N. B., Gibbs, J. L., & Weber, M. S. (2015). The Use of Enterprise Social Network Sites for Knowledge Sharing in Distributed Organizations The Role of Organizational Affordances. American Behavioral Scientist, January, vol. 59, no. 1, 103-123.

—

Charles Steinfield
Department of Media and Information
Michigan State University