[Air-L] literature on Informational (Internet) Power

Karine Nahon karineb at uw.edu
Tue Sep 15 22:41:05 PDT 2015

Adding to Sandra Braman great book, I have been working for years on the notion of power of information (here are two examples):

Nahon Karine, 2011, “Fuzziness of Inclusion/Exclusion in Networks”, International Journal of Communication, vol.5, pp. 756-772. -http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/1119/552

And a newer piece - Nahon Karine, 2015, “Where there is Social Media there is Politics”, Eds., Bruns A. , Skogerbo E., Chistensen C., Larsson O.A, and Enli G.S, NYC, NY: Routledge (Forthcoming) - http://ekarine.org/wp-admin/pub/Nahon_PoliticsSM.pdf

Karine

On 8/4/15, 20:19, "Air-L on behalf of Michael T Zimmer" <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org<mailto:air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org> on behalf of zimmerm at uwm.edu<mailto:zimmerm at uwm.edu>> wrote:

And if you’re going to explore “informational power”, it is vital to engage with Braman’s taxonomy of power, as discussed in Braman, S. (2006). Change of state: Information, policy, and power. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Associate Professor and PhD Program Director, School of Information Studies