[Air-L] Job Listing: Multimedia Journalism lecturer or assistant professor

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Sat Sep 26 10:30:03 PDT 2015

Please note and share this job opening at Elon University in North Carolina, located near the Research Triangle Park, just 20 minutes from Greensboro and 30 to 40 minutes from Duke University and UNC-Chapel Hill:

The School of Communications at Elon University invites applications for a lecturer or assistant professor position focusing on multimedia journalism, effective August 2016. The ideal candidate will have professional journalism experience, demonstrated expertise in multiplatform storytelling, and a grasp of database reporting and coding skills. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications must be received by October 29 to be assured of consideration.

A lecture-rank position is possible for someone with a master's degree and professional multimedia journalism experience. A terminal degree is required for tenure-track (teaching, service, and peer-reviewed publication or creative activity of high quality) or continuing-track consideration (primary focus on teaching and service).

Based on areas of expertise, our new colleague will teach courses from among Multimedia Journalism, Multimedia News Production, Media Writing, Creating Multimedia Content, Web and Mobile Publishing, courses in the school's M.A. in Interactive Media program, or courses in the core curriculum.

Elon's nationally accredited School of Communications is home to 50 full-time faculty and 1,200 students - 20 percent of Elon's student body. Students select among six majors: Journalism, Strategic Communications, Cinema & Television Arts, Communication Design, Media Analytics, and Sport & Event Management. Its journalism program regularly finishes at the top in national competitions.

Elon is ranked #1 among master's-level universities in the South in U.S. News rankings. It is a dynamic private university of 6,000 students known as a national model for engaged learning. Elon features small classes, an international focus and outstanding technology. The university attracts 10,000 applicants a year for 1,500 seats in the incoming class. The university is located between Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill to the east and Greensboro to the west on a campus that is a designated botanical garden.

Email a letter of application, CV, a link to a professional portfolio, and the names and contact information for four references to multimediasearch at elon.edu. Elon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.

--
Janna Anderson
Professor of Communications, Elon University