[Air-L] organizational behavior and social media, asking for recommendations

Nathaniel Poor natpoor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 09:05:36 PDT 2015

This is from a bit before the time of the term "social media" but Zuboff's
"In The Age Of The Smart Machine" is something she should read. IIRC it
looks more at organizational power and work as the use of computers spread
in the workplace, but, I think it will inform (or at least give some
historical context to) more current issues around computerization and
workplace practices.

http://www.amazon.com/In-The-Age-Smart-Machine/dp/0465032117

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Katrin Tiidenberg <
katrin.tiidenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a masters student who wants to write her thesis on how social media
> informs organizational behavior of employees. Her own department apparently
> doesn’t have anyone who can advise on social media related stuff, so she
> came to me, but organizational behavior is not my field. Thus, I am asking
> for your help, please recommend resources about how social media practices
> of the organization may influence what employees think about their employer
> and / or lead to different social media practices by employees themselves.
>
> thank you!
>
> Kat Tiidenberg

Nathaniel Poor, Ph.D.
http://natpoor.blogspot.com