[Air-L] Jobs: 2 TT Assistant Professor: Screen Studies & Multimedia Journalism (Fordham, NY NY)

Alice E. Marwick amarwick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:35:38 PDT 2015

My department at Fordham, Communication and Media Studies, is hiring. Note
that we are a great place for junior faculty: we have hired some incredible
people over the last few years, we are launching a new MA program next year
and a new undergraduate curriculum is in the works. And you'd get to work
with me :)

I'm not on the hiring committee for either job but would be happy to answer
questions about Fordham.

Screen Studies & Media Convergence
http://cms.blog.fordham.edu/open-position-tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-screen-studies/
<http://apply.interfolio.com/31823>

The Department of Communication and Media studies at Fordham University,
The Jesuit University of New York, invites applications for a tenure- track
Assistant Professor position in Screen Studies, to start September 1, 2016.

The position involves teaching both at Fordham’s Lincoln Center and Rose
Hill campuses. The ideal candidate should have a specialization in film and
television studies within the context of media convergence and
globalization.  Applicants whose work focuses on social movements and
activist media are particularly welcome. The candidate should have a robust
research agenda, evidence of teaching excellence, and the ability to
contribute to Fordham’s Jesuit core curriculum.

Requirements:

   - Ph.D. in cinema studies, media studies, or a related area by June 30,
   2016.
   - Ability to teach a wide variety of historical and theoretical courses
   in film and television studies

   - A strong publication record, and evidence of excellence in teaching
   - Commitment to mentoring and advising students

Multimedia Journalism
http://cms.blog.fordham.edu/open-position-tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-multimedia-journalism/
<http://apply.interfolio.com/31824>

Fordham University, The Jesuit University of New York, invites applications
for a tenure- track Assistant Professor position in its Department of
Communication and Media Studies, to start September 1, 2016. The position
will be based at Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan. Applicants
are sought in the area of multimedia journalism with research emphasis on
media, race and ethnicity.

<http://apply.interfolio.com/31824>The ideal candidate will be a
scholar-practitioner, prepared to apply historical and critical insights to
the teaching of practical and theoretical multimedia journalism courses.
Expertise in media, race and ethnicity, with a potential focus on
alternative and advocacy journalism, social justice reporting, and related
areas would be particularly welcome, as would research in bilingual media
and multimedia scholarship related to the Global South. A robust research
agenda, and solid understanding of journalistic standards, practices and
ethics is required.  Practical experience and ability to serve as an
advisor to student media outlets highly desirable.

Requirements:

   - Ph.D. in communication or a related area by June 30, 2016.
   - Ability to teach a wide variety of practical courses and
   theoretical/critical courses on the undergraduate and Master’s level in our
   new Public Media MA
   - Solid grounding in contemporary journalistic challenges, standards,
   practices and ethics
   - Teaching competency in a minimum of one multimedia production area;
   mobile and data-driven reporting strategies highly desired

   - A strong publication record, and evidence of excellence in teaching
   - Commitment to mentoring and advising students
   - Practical experience preferred
   - Ability to teach in Fordham’s interdisciplinary Latin American Studies
   Program a plus

--
Alice E. Marwick, PhD
Director, McGannon Center